In the pursuit of picking the perfect softball bat, sports enthusiasts the world over are engaged in a battle of sorts both online and in the real world. All companies aggressively promote their stuff and in the present age of internet, launch massive campaigns to promote their wares. One such victim is the humble softball bat which seems to have been evolved with a makeover into a snazzy, glamorous product by its marketers. One of the companies Louisville speaks about providing a bat with a state-of-the-art design, finish and enhanced performance. Let us check into the features of one such offering by Louisville called the Louisville Slugger Z-4000 USSSA Balanced.
- 3-piece construction bat with the presence of a TRU3 rubber insert.
- A 100% pure 360 composite design.
- A barrel diameter of 2.25 inches.
- A barrel length of 12 inches.
- A well balanced swing weight.
- Grit blast finish.
- A tapered composite handle measuring 7/8 inches.
- The bat comes with a one year warranty.
- The TRU3 connectivity piece found between the barrel and the handle helps in enhanced power transfer.
- The patented three-piece construction provides a good swing weight.
- The bat has a massive sweet spot and has very less vibration.
- The tapered handle provides a good grip.
- The grit blast finish promises to give a better spin to the ball when hit also increasing the intensity of hits and thereby letting off the ball to go at faster speeds.
- Comes mostly in predominantly black colour which is a universally popular choice.
- Approved for play in major tournaments like USSSA, NSA, and ISA.
- The one year warranty on the bat is an added attraction to buyers.
- It seems to be a popular choice amongst professionals and amateurs of the softball game.
- Good ratings, positive reviews and testimonials provided online by most users of this bat.
- The price of the bat is bound to burn a hole in the pocket for most customers.
- It is still not approved for play in tournaments like ASA and ISF.